post and beam for architects
More and more customers are seeking the help of professionals familiar with timber frame architecture. Timberpeg® has worked with and provided guidance on timber frame design and engineering to hundreds of architects for both residential and non-residential projects. We have worked with architects on timber frame designs in California, Colorado, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Vermont and many more states. Below are just a few architects we have worked with on designing timber frame homes and non-residential project:
- Alpen Environs Architecture, Craig Threshie - Truckee, California
- Architectural Design, Inc. - Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Architecture+SC, LLC, Tim Hilkhuijsen, AIA, ARA and Kevin Whalley - Daniel Island, South Carolina
- Argus Architecture & Preservation, P.C., Janet A. Null, AIA - Troy, NY
- Bonin Architects & Associates, PLLC - New London, New Hampshire
- GT Design, Geoffrey D. Thors - Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
- Keefe Associates, Dennis Keefe, AIA - Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Morter Architects - Vail, Colorado
- Mountain Architecture, Kenneth J. Wertheim, AIA - Asheville, North Carolina
- Rapp Architecture - Lexington, MA
- Randall T. Mudge & Associates - Lyme, New Hampshire
- Samyn-D'Elia Architects, P.A. - Ashland, New Hampshire
Timberpeg has relationships with licensed architects and professional structural engineers available to help with the design of your new timber frame home. They are available to review drawings for compliance with national code requirements such as the International Building Code and International Residential Code. If more specific local code information is provided, the timber frame house design can be checked against these codes.
We prefer to be brought into the project as early as possible in the initial design stage. That way we can contribute our experience and save the architect the time and trouble needed to research joinery design, timber sizing and other engineering issues unique to timber framing. We can also save the architect valuable time by reviewing sketches for a budget Timberpeg package price, if desired. We would be pleased to provide references, should you need them.