blog & archives
Select the Categories
Select the Categories
- MOUNTAIN STYLE HOMES
- WATERFRONT HOMES
- COTTAGE STYLE HOMES
- FARMHOUSE AND BARN STYLE HOMES
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 1,501 to 2,000 SQ. FT.
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 2,001 to 2,500 SQ. FT
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 3,001 TO 3,500 SQ. FT.
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 3,501 TO 4,000 SQ. FT.
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 2,501 TO 3,000 SQ. FT.
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 4,001 TO 4,500 SQ. FT.
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL UP TO 1,500 SQ. FT.
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 4,501 TO 5,000 SQ. FT.
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 5,001 TO 5,500 SQ. FT.
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 5,501 TO 6,000 SQ. FT.
- ARCHIVED RESIDENTIAL 6,001 SQ. FT. AND ABOVE
- Floor Plans
- Timber Frame Showcase Homes
- Hybrid Timber Frame
- Archived Non-Residential Projects
- AWARD WINNING RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS
- additions and renovations
Timber frame design is based on the post and beam structural system. Also called "post and lintel," this is one of the oldest construction methods known. Used by the Egyptians, Greeks and other early builders, the tradition arrived in New England from Europe and consisted of wooden posts and beams, cut and shaped by hand and connected ...
By Jonathan S. Vincent, AIA - LEED Accredited Professional Selecting lighting fixtures for a timber framed house can be demanding, but the same principles apply as in any other home. As succinctly stated by Peter Romaniello, a lighting consultant from Conceptual Lighting LLC in Connecticut, first decide what you are trying to do, then how ...
Properly constructed, your new Timberpeg® home will be energy efficient and tight. The combination of continuous envelope insulation, either structural insulated panels (SIPs) or a built-up vented insulation system ("Wrap & Strap") will result in a house that has very few air leaks and will be easily heated and cooled. For this reason, it ...
Designed by Architect Kenneth J. Wertheim, AIA Home built by and photos courtesy of Living Stone Design + Build
Square feet: 3,646Bedrooms: 3Bathrooms: 3Additional Features:Cathedral Great Room Ceilings
By Guest Author, Jonathan S. Vincent, AIA - LEED Accredited Professional Everyone is interested in building a “green” house, but what that means will vary depending upon the owner’s goals. In general, a green house will be one that is designed to use fewer non-renewable resources, and to conserve land, water and energy. The ...
Square feet: 2,188Bedrooms: 3Bathrooms: 4Additional Features:1st/Main Level Master BedCathedral Living Room While a large home can be fun to think about, half of all new homes constructed today are less than 2,400 square feet. However, even a home this size can provide all the features a modern homeowner desires. The Dry Creek Floor ...
Square feet: 3,302Bedrooms: 3Bathrooms: 2Additional Features:Cathedral Great Room Ceilings Home Built by Smith & Robertson, Inc.
Square feet: 1,072Bedrooms: 3Bathrooms: 2
Square feet: 3,423Bedrooms: 5Bathrooms: 5Additional Features:1st/Main Level Master BedCathedral Living Room